Thursday, December 30, 2010

36. Night Song (Dec 31)

The mist of the night air
Blankets my skin
As dew tiptoes on my face

The night sky twinkles
Stars mischievously play
As the moon watches overall

The breeze waltzes with the trees
Leaves are dipped and spun
As dance and song is brought to all

I lie here on the ground
My eyes are closed
As I look inside to the night sky

The babbling brook speaks
Sweet words of solitude
As frogs join in the song of wild

The crickets jump and sing
Owls make their flight
As they all are merry with life

I open my ears to the world
I feel and see all that’s here
As they dance and sing around me

On the grass I rest
With all my new little friends
We listen and speak of what’s to come

This is the time of all things great
Where peace and joy reign supreme
And where morning brings the end

No comments:

Post a Comment