Saturday, December 11, 2010

4. Bump in the Night (Nov 29)

"Shhhh. Sleep tight," my mother said
As she tucks me tightly into bed
My arms and legs I cannot move
She hums old tunes to calm and soothe 

Sleep soon starts to gently begin
My mother leaves my room and then
The sugar plum fairies and tiny green elves
Dance around my head with themselves

Hearing a growl I'm awakened from sleep
Somewhere out there, the darkness keeps
A monster I've been told will find me here
Stuck tucked in bed with all my fear

The wind outside blows fast and strong
The monster grows closer and won't be long
Before his claws rip into me
I toss and turn trying hard to break free

I can feel his breath upon my face
And hear his heart beat quicken pace
Lying here helpless is his next meal
For now I'm sure this monster is real

But wait, I hear footsteps in the hall
My mother's name I begin to call
The monster made haste and ran away
And I will live to see another day

No comments:

Post a Comment